Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error while solving

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I am getting the following error while solving a 2D axi-symmetric model of electrowetting. I had defined the material epsilon. Used both triangular and quadrilateral meshing. Getting the same error both the times.

Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian.
- Variable: mat.epsilonr11
- Geometry: 1
- Domain: 1

Kindly help..

4 Replies Last Post 2011年1月24日 GMT-5 02:47
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月23日 GMT-5 06:30
Hi

That appears typically when you have forgotten to define all parameters of the materials used, check your materials, note that when you change some physics parameters often you need other material proparties, and sometimes these are not all defined
--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi That appears typically when you have forgotten to define all parameters of the materials used, check your materials, note that when you change some physics parameters often you need other material proparties, and sometimes these are not all defined -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月23日 GMT-5 08:29
Thanks for the reply Ivar
I had read the same in one earlier post and checked if I had defined the material properties.
I also tried defining the relative permittivity of the materials as global variables too...
still the same error message is displayed while solving...
if you have any idea please help.

With regards
Rahul
Thanks for the reply Ivar I had read the same in one earlier post and checked if I had defined the material properties. I also tried defining the relative permittivity of the materials as global variables too... still the same error message is displayed while solving... if you have any idea please help. With regards Rahul

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月23日 GMT-5 16:23
Hi

which version are you running ? since I have got the 4.1 patched I cannot remember any of those

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi which version are you running ? since I have got the 4.1 patched I cannot remember any of those -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月24日 GMT-5 02:47
I am using v4.0a
I am using v4.0a

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.