Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling Lam. Flow and Transport of diluted species in both directions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,
my 2D-model combines laminar flow and transport of diluted species. I understand solving the laminar flow part first and then use this solution via flow coupling for the transport of diluted species (1 species with concenrtation c).
Now I want to implement an outflow, which depends in the local concetration of the diluted species (e.g. const[m^3/mol]*c). Everytime I´m trying to solve the calculation I ge the error message:
"Undefined value found.
- Detail: NaN or Inf found when solving linear system using PARDISO.
- Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1)"

Is it possible to couple to two physics parallel instead of one after another? In my imagination COMSOL computes the convection and diffusion in infinitesimal steps over x to use the new claculated local concentration and flow profile each time.

If needed I can provide some examples.
Looking forward to your answers,
Kristina

0 Replies Last Post 2017年1月3日 GMT-5 13:09
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kristina B

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.