Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Filled Tables Re-evaluation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

After re-running a study that contains a parametric sweep; reevaluating tables clears the table settings. Converting the table settings to a filled table allows me to plot the table data the way I want in a table graph. Is there a way to keep the table settings while re-evaluating the data from the updated study? More broadly, is there a way to update all results with new study solutions without having to reassign the data set for each plot group?

Thank you,
-Matt

1 Reply Last Post 2017年1月5日 GMT-5 09:10
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2017年1月5日 GMT-5 09:10
Hi Matthew,
If I understand correctly, you have a table containing post-processing data that requires several steps to fill in, and you would like to update it in a single click after you've rerun the model with different inputs to the model, correct?
If so, you could build an app using the Application Builder, presuming you're using COMSOL on Windows. The Application Builder includes a capability called "Record Code" that lets you record operations you perform in the GUI and turns them into code (a "method"). This makes it quite easy to "code" something you know how to do in the GUI.
If you have not used the Application Builder before, you'll find some good archived webinars about it elsewhere on the COMSOL website (www.comsol.com/events/webinars/archive?eventtype%5B%5D=event_webinar&startTime=8&endTime=20&view=cards&events_sort=date), including some that show the "Record Code" functionality.
Best,
Jeff
Hi Matthew, If I understand correctly, you have a table containing post-processing data that requires several steps to fill in, and you would like to update it in a single click after you've rerun the model with different inputs to the model, correct? If so, you could build an app using the Application Builder, presuming you're using COMSOL on Windows. The Application Builder includes a capability called "Record Code" that lets you record operations you perform in the GUI and turns them into code (a "method"). This makes it quite easy to "code" something you know how to do in the GUI. If you have not used the Application Builder before, you'll find some good archived webinars about it elsewhere on the COMSOL website (https://www.comsol.com/events/webinars/archive?eventtype%5B%5D=event_webinar&startTime=8&endTime=20&view=cards&events_sort=date), including some that show the "Record Code" functionality. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.