Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

To find leakage inductance of a toroidal transformer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to find the leakage inductance of toroidal transformer using a 3D model. I made a 3D model using the equivalent Copper conductors as a single winding (not each windings separately).Then applied external current density to them. Then I found the leakage inductance from the magnetic energy density. This value is almost good when I compared with the axial symmetric model. But then I included the sector winding (or some portion of winding is kept as air), so in reality the magnetic energy density and leakage inductance should increase a lot. But I am not getting that increase in the magnetic energy density. But when I did the same using 2D top view of toroidal transformer, I am noticing this increase. Could you please help me out in this.

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Noel

1 Reply Last Post 2012年10月11日 GMT-4 21:29
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Noel Augustine

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年10月11日 GMT-4 21:29
How did you find leakage inductance from magnetic energy
How did you find leakage inductance from magnetic energy

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.