Modeling a three phase transformer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm thinking when a magnetic sheet is magnetized, it generates a volume force within it. This phenomenon is known as magnetostriction. The force stimulates a strain in the solid, causing it to vibrate at the same frequency as the input signal. If my settings are correct which i don't know and cant find anywhere how to do, I would be able to observe the displacement field in the output which i don't and cant fix myself.

In the final stage, I wish to simulate noise, then I'm thinking to convert the transient solution of displacement to the frequency domain using an FFT solver. Then, i would use the acoustics modulus and harmonic source of displacement from FFT to simulate the acoustics noise in the frequency domain. Like surface normal acceleration as the source of the noise.

Also Trying to write an expression such as: u2 - solid.disp. That will store the diplacement variable from Solid Mechanics (sm) into u2. That will solve the (bode) along with the sm in Time dependent study. Then run the Time to frequency FFT, which uses the values stored in u2 and computes the FFT. So I can use the result as Surface normal acceleration input to Acoustics interface. But I'm getting inconsistent unit, why? Thanks in advance!

Also thinking something is wrong with my magnetic field which i cant understand eaither becouse when i remove magnetostriction it works instantly, but i have only choosen the core in amperes law so it should work right?

Placing my model here so if someone could take a look thru it, it would be so appreciated.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.