Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problems making Piezeoelectric Tonpilz Transducer using COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am new to Comsol and have just started using it. I am currently trying to build the Piezeoelectric Tonpilz Transducer using Comsol 4.3. I am using the instruction manual for Comsol 5.1 to built it. The instructions vary slightly based on the version but are similar.

I begin to face problems when I start making boundary and domain selections for the electric potential 1, ground 1 and piezeoelectric materials 1 and 2. These instructions lie on pages 38 and 39 of the tonpilz comsol 5.1 manual. (www.comsol.com/model/download/218731/models.aco.tonpilz_transducer.pdf)

This also gives me errors further down when I try to make the 3D model under study one. ( This can be found under pg 41 of the instruction manual).

Despite following all the steps and retrying I am not able to overcome these errors. Any ideas as to why?

0 Replies Last Post 2017年1月12日 GMT-5 20:24
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shingar Aggarwal

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.