Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

User-defined materials and parametric functions

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello guys!
Ive got a problem with the 4.1 Version, its very unusual after 3.5a.

I want to compute the scattering of the electric field on sphercial nanoparticles, first in 2d, then in 3d.
The nanoparticles are made of gold, the complex permittivity is based on the experimental data from the Johnson and Christy paper.
First of all I interpolated experimental data and got two tables - jcReal and jcImag, where I have epsilon values as a function of wavelength
Then i defined geometry and materials. The gold circle in the middle is described by jcReal(variable)-j*jcImag(variable)

How do i define the variable properly? How can i define the electrical field in the inplain direction and polarised into the x direction? (Ex=E0*exp(-j*k*z)) with k = 2pi/lamda with lambda - wavelength.
How do i calculate it in the electrostatic approximation, variating lambda or varibale?

Tell me please if you need more information and thanks for helping me !

0 Replies Last Post 2011年1月25日 GMT-5 07:51
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Sachar Ichilmann

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.