Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to calculate force in comsol dc discharge?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I have successfully modeled a simple 2d dc discharge between two electrodes in comsol 5.2 and now I want to calculate the force applied by the discharge in the domain.

I chose "Force Calculation" from the domains and set a name for it but didn't change "torque axis" and "torque rotation point".

after computing, I tried to plot the force on a surface with the expression: DC Discharge(Electrostatics) >Mechanical >Electromagnetic force>z component

and i received the following errors:

Undefined variable.
- Variable: comp1.dc.unTz
- Geometry: geom1
- Boundaries: 1, 3-4
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: comp1.dc.nTz_force
- Defined as: comp1.dc.unTz
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: r*(pi*(2*comp1.dc.nTz_force))
- Expression: comp1.dc.intfcal1(r*(pi*(2*comp1.dc.nTz_force)))
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: comp1.dc.Forcez_force
- Defined as: comp1.dc.intfcal1(r*(pi*(2*comp1.dc.nTz_force)))
- Expression: comp1.dc.Forcez_force
- Plot: surf1 (Surface)

======================

Can anyone please help me?

1 Reply Last Post 2017年3月29日 GMT-4 04:00

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年3月29日 GMT-4 04:00
I realized that the problem is connected to the maxwell stress tensor but I still cant find a way to fix it
I realized that the problem is connected to the maxwell stress tensor but I still cant find a way to fix it

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.