Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Load distribution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi guy, currently I would like to simulate the load distribution of moving vehicle on the asphalt road.

Is it possible using COMSOL to do the load distribution of moving vehicle's tyres to the asphalt road? May I know anyone have the experience on using COMSOL do this kind of simulation?

2 Replies Last Post 2017年5月7日 GMT-4 01:31
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年5月4日 GMT-4 11:19
Hi Chan,

In COMSOL, you can type a time-and-space dependent mathematical expression in all the physics-related text fields - not just constants. So it's just a matter for you to express in a mathematical for what the load should be. It could look something like

(x0<x)*(x<x1)*(y0<y)*(y<y1)

with x0, x1, y0 and y1 being variables defined in terms of t.

A lot more information is available here:
www.comsol.com/blogs/how-to-make-boundary-conditions-conditional-in-your-simulation/
Best,
Jeff
Hi Chan, In COMSOL, you can type a time-and-space dependent mathematical expression in all the physics-related text fields - not just constants. So it's just a matter for you to express in a mathematical for what the load should be. It could look something like (x0

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年5月7日 GMT-4 01:31
Thanks Jeff for reply my question~

May I know have any example for 3D model simulation for load distribution of moving vehicle on asphalt road?

Appreciate your help~
Thanks Jeff for reply my question~ May I know have any example for 3D model simulation for load distribution of moving vehicle on asphalt road? Appreciate your help~

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.