Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Element size

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a 3D heat conduction model that I would like to know the size of the smallest element in order to compute the Fourier number. In mesh statistics, I see mesh quality which is related to the element aspect ratio and gives me a general idea of the mesh quality. Where can I find the dimensions of the smallest element?

Mike

2 Replies Last Post 2009年11月4日 GMT+8 17:03
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月4日 GMT+8 14:52
Hi

I would have a look at the mlinterface.pdf, command.pdf and guide.pdf documents
Sorry I cannt remember just now the variable name, but it's in there somewhere ;)

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I would have a look at the mlinterface.pdf, command.pdf and guide.pdf documents Sorry I cannt remember just now the variable name, but it's in there somewhere ;) Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月4日 GMT+8 17:03
Hi Mike,

You can do a subdomain or min/max plot and set "h" as the expression to plot. h is Comsol's element size parameter and is calculated as the longest side of each element.

cheers
Amr
Hi Mike, You can do a subdomain or min/max plot and set "h" as the expression to plot. h is Comsol's element size parameter and is calculated as the longest side of each element. cheers Amr

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.