Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to apply two solid mechanics interfaces on the same domain?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am planing to simulate the mechanical behaviors of a double porosity media which is decomposed into two fictitious porous media, i.e. the micro one and macro one. Now I want to use two sets of mechanical constitutive models to control the two porous media, respectively. However, Comsol prohibits applying two solid mechanics interfaces on the same domain. Error is "Multiple moving frame specifications on the same selection."

Does anyone have any experiences on this problem? Would you mind sharing me some ideas?

Thank you so much for your time and assistance in advance.

1 Reply Last Post 2017年7月25日 GMT-4 18:25
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年7月25日 GMT-4 18:25
Hi,

This should an issue only if the study is geometrcally nonlinear. In that case, you have to manually decide on the 'ruling' physics interface. That is, which one decides the deformation of the domain.

This selection you do in the settings for the study step (Modify physics tree ...).

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, This should an issue only if the study is geometrcally nonlinear. In that case, you have to manually decide on the 'ruling' physics interface. That is, which one decides the deformation of the domain. This selection you do in the settings for the study step (Modify physics tree ...). Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.