Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using the laminar flow module without setting inlet and outlet

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I want to use laminar flow module, but I do not want to set inlet and outlet for my system. In the other words, I want to set the boundary condition for velocity on some of walls in my microsystem and then study the surface velocity field in my system by solving Navier-Stokes equation which is in this module.
Although, I set velocity of inlet to zero or use the pressure option in the inlet section and outlet too, but my results has been affected by the position of inlet and inlet I sat and when I disabled these option, I came up with error about the convergence problems…
Is there any solution not to use these options and solve Navier-Stokes equation? Or is there any other modules to study the Navier stokes equation without these options..?
In my real work, the solution is in the closed chamber and there is no inlet and outlet there.
I will be very grateful if anybody can help me
Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration

1 Reply Last Post 2017年8月22日 GMT-4 10:34

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年8月22日 GMT-4 10:34
Dear Azadeh,

Can you direct your question to support@comsol.com please. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Yara Soares
Dear Azadeh, Can you direct your question to support@comsol.com please. Thank you in advance. Regards, Yara Soares

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.