Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

LED spectrum

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have built a 1D MQW LED model.
And I use the follow expressions to generate the spectrum plot:
y-axis: comp1.atxd1(0.107e-6, semi.ot1.dP_dE)
x_axis: hbar_const*comp1.atxd1(0.107e-6, semi.ot1.omega)/e_const
So, I got the spectrum generated by the point: 0.107e-6, and the result matches my expectation.
But now I want to see the spectrum of the whole 1D model instead of just one point. Can anyone help me with the expressions?

Thanks a lot!

1 Reply Last Post 2017年9月2日 GMT-4 15:33

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年9月2日 GMT-4 15:33
I think I can solve this problem now, even though it is not a smart way.
the previous expression:
y-axis: comp1.atxd1(0.107e-6, semi.ot1.dP_dE)
x_axis: hbar_const*comp1.atxd1(0.107e-6, semi.ot1.omega)/e_const
First, we need to integrate the emitting power. But each layer has its own spectrum, so we need to integrate the power separately.
For example, if the range of a quantum well is (0.105e-6, 0.110e-6)
the expression for y-axis should be: integrate(comp1.atxd1(x, semi.ot1.dP_dE), x, 0.105e-6, 0.110e-6)
Now, we get the emitting power from this well. And the corresponding photon energy should be:
hbar_const*comp1.atxd1(0.107e-6, semi.ot1.omega)/e_const
Actually, the value: 0.107e-6 is changeable; any value within (0.105e-6, 0.110e-6) is okay; the material is the same so that the result will not change. In this way, we can get the spectrum of all layers of the device.
So, the expression for each layer now is:
y-axis: integrate(comp1.atxd1(x, semi.ot1.dP_dE), x, left boundary, right boundary)
x_axis: hbar_const*comp1.atxd1(any point within left and right boundary, semi.ot1.omega)/e_const
I export spectrum data of all layers, and combine them together in matlab, and then, I can get the emitting power vs. photon energy(eV) plot for the whole device.

This method can also be applied into 2D model and 3D model, the only difference is:
y-axis: integrate(integrate(comp1.atxd2(x, y semi.ot1.dP_dE), x, left boundary, right boundary), y, lower boundary, upper boundary)
x_axis: hbar_const*comp1.atxd2(any value within left and right, any value within lower and upper, semi.ot1.omega)/e_const
I think I can solve this problem now, even though it is not a smart way. the previous expression: y-axis: comp1.atxd1(0.107e-6, semi.ot1.dP_dE) x_axis: hbar_const*comp1.atxd1(0.107e-6, semi.ot1.omega)/e_const First, we need to integrate the emitting power. But each layer has its own spectrum, so we need to integrate the power separately. For example, if the range of a quantum well is (0.105e-6, 0.110e-6) the expression for y-axis should be: integrate(comp1.atxd1(x, semi.ot1.dP_dE), x, 0.105e-6, 0.110e-6) Now, we get the emitting power from this well. And the corresponding photon energy should be: hbar_const*comp1.atxd1(0.107e-6, semi.ot1.omega)/e_const Actually, the value: 0.107e-6 is changeable; any value within (0.105e-6, 0.110e-6) is okay; the material is the same so that the result will not change. In this way, we can get the spectrum of all layers of the device. So, the expression for each layer now is: y-axis: integrate(comp1.atxd1(x, semi.ot1.dP_dE), x, left boundary, right boundary) x_axis: hbar_const*comp1.atxd1(any point within left and right boundary, semi.ot1.omega)/e_const I export spectrum data of all layers, and combine them together in matlab, and then, I can get the emitting power vs. photon energy(eV) plot for the whole device. This method can also be applied into 2D model and 3D model, the only difference is: y-axis: integrate(integrate(comp1.atxd2(x, y semi.ot1.dP_dE), x, left boundary, right boundary), y, lower boundary, upper boundary) x_axis: hbar_const*comp1.atxd2(any value within left and right, any value within lower and upper, semi.ot1.omega)/e_const

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.