Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to apply Neumann and Dirichlet's BC

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am trying to simulate flow across a cylinder in General PDE form. The governing equations are Euler's equation for Mach No. = 1. I have converted these equations in the COMSOL form to be substituted in subdomain settings. And tried simulating the flow. But the problem I am facing is in setting the boundary conditions.

I have a rectangular flow field and a cylinder placed in it. A 2D geometry. Two boundaries are inlet and outlet and rest all are solid wall boundaries with no slip condition. But expressing these in COMSOL, is getting a bit difficult for me.

I would appreciate any kind of help in this regard. Looking forward for your replies.

Thank you,
Anuurag

2 Replies Last Post 2014年10月9日 GMT-4 05:42
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anuurag Chordiya

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年11月6日 GMT-5 16:41
I have same problem did you get any solution around it/ please let me know.
I have same problem did you get any solution around it/ please let me know.

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年10月9日 GMT-4 05:42
Same problem for me...

Is there a clear example somwhere
Same problem for me... Is there a clear example somwhere

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.