Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

To design elastic-plastic zones in tungsten by using COMSOL version 5.2a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all respected members I am working on material irrdiation at high pulsed ion beam, where after irrdiation craks appers on the material surface. We want to see whether this crack will propegate further or not on the surface or below the surface. For which we are using COMSOL Multiphysics Version (5.2a), My question is: How to design elastic and plastic region in my geometery i.e. from where i can put the equation and from where i can know the whole geometery process. Because about "linear elastic fracture mechanics" model i know in this COMSOL version, but i don,t know whether in this version i can find "elastic-plastic fracture mechanics" model or not. Please help me in this problem Many thanks in advance Shahid

0 Replies Last Post 2017年11月7日 GMT-5 05:20
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ijaz Shahid

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.