Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Status of study/solution with MATLAB Live Link

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I can't figure out how to determine the status of a study or solution in MATLAB. Basically I want to be able to tell if the study has run or needs to be rerun because of changes in the model. It's easy to check the status of a mesh:

String status = model.mesh(<tag>).feature(<ftag>).status()

What am I missing?

3 Replies Last Post 2011年8月4日 GMT-4 08:50

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年3月25日 GMT-4 09:59
Hi,

Have you tried:
ModelUtil.showProgress(true); ?

Regards,

Peter.
Hi, Have you tried: ModelUtil.showProgress(true); ? Regards, Peter.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年3月25日 GMT-4 10:26
Thanks for the reply. I think I need to explain what I am trying to do a little better.

I'm creating a MATLAB gui that will guide the user through the simulation of a few specific parts. I want the user to be able to save their progress.

Basically I want to be able to load a model file or pull a model of off the server and be able to determine what the status of the model is. Things like: has the mesh been built? Have the studies been run? has the model changed since the study was run?

Thanks for the reply. I think I need to explain what I am trying to do a little better. I'm creating a MATLAB gui that will guide the user through the simulation of a few specific parts. I want the user to be able to save their progress. Basically I want to be able to load a model file or pull a model of off the server and be able to determine what the status of the model is. Things like: has the mesh been built? Have the studies been run? has the model changed since the study was run?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年8月4日 GMT-4 08:50
Hi David,
I dont have a solution to your issue and the post is some time ago,
but maybe you are interested in my Matlab GUI for controlling Comsol:
www.comsol.com/community/exchange/134/

Sunny regards,

Stefan

Hi David, I dont have a solution to your issue and the post is some time ago, but maybe you are interested in my Matlab GUI for controlling Comsol: http://www.comsol.com/community/exchange/134/ Sunny regards, Stefan

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.