Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry with no domains applicable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have built a 3D model for multi-layers geometry. The surfaces of the layers were import with interpolation function from excel sheets and built with parametric surfaces, then I built a work plane and extrude to make a block, and convert the block and parametric surfaces into solids to make the multi-layer geology. Also I added some line segments in the block which will be set as edge sources. The trouble comes after forming union, no domains are applicable now, in the bottom messages window it says 'Finalized geometry has 16 boundaries, 34 edges, and 28 vertices.', no domains mentioned. I change the relative repair tolerance value to 1E-7 and it worked well with all expected domains available, but only once, I changed to another values and then changed back to 1E-7 but never worked well again. Anyone knows why domains cannot be defined and how to get rid of this problem

Best regards, Shuhan

0 Replies Last Post 2017年11月16日 GMT-5 10:09
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shuhan Chen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.