Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Time varying current over 2000 micro seconds

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working to create a simulation of an electrode inside a peripheral nerve. In this simulation the electrode is supposed to stimulate the nerve with a rectangular wave. The electrode stimulates the nerve through a current spurce that we can control. It has a 200 us pulse at 30-90 uA followed by a 50 us interpulse at 0 followed by a 200 us pulse at -30--90 uA. This is then repeated over time. I'm trying to find a way to get the current run this way. I've created this function inside of COMSOL, and plugged the function into the Boundary Current Source for the Amplitude. However, I am not sure if it is operating correctly, and running at the correct rate. Thank you for any help you can supply.

1 Reply Last Post 2018年1月26日 GMT-5 10:06
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年1月26日 GMT-5 10:06

Think like an experimentalist. Plot voltage as a function of time at an interior point; or define a surface, integrate current density over that surface, and plot as a function of time.

By the way, when doing time-dependent simulations many problems occur when you allow the solver free choice of time steps (usually the default in COMSOL).

D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

Think like an experimentalist. Plot voltage as a function of time at an interior point; or define a surface, integrate current density over that surface, and plot as a function of time. By the way, when doing time-dependent simulations many problems occur when you allow the solver free choice of time steps (usually the default in COMSOL). D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.