Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing of 3D periodic grating structure.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am a newbie trying to work out a simple 3D periodic grating structure with periodic boundary conditions. I know that I should use interactive meshing as much as possible (mesh the boundary, sweep meshing....) and tried many different ways to mesh. However, I still cannot make it convergent. I have attached the file here. Can anyone please give me some idea on how to mesh the thing?

Thank you very much.

1 Reply Last Post 2009年11月15日 GMT-5 00:16

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月15日 GMT-5 00:16
Now I can solve this kind of 2D grating problem so the physics is supposed to be correct. But the complicated meshing strategy in 3D really confuses me.
Now I can solve this kind of 2D grating problem so the physics is supposed to be correct. But the complicated meshing strategy in 3D really confuses me.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.