Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to Plot Wave number (k) vs Frequency Response (f) for Surface Plasmons in COMSOL?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello There,

I am doing a simulation on Surface Plasmons in COMSOL, where I sucessfully created the surface plasmons at a certain frequency (2.27E14 Hz). The wave that popped up is basically the z component of Magnetic (H) field (emw.Hz), as surface plasmons are the transverse magnetic (TM) wave. The wave has the property that* Hz=exp(jky)*exp(-Yx), where Y is the decaying factor. I have to plot wavenumber (k) vs. the frequency response (f). So, I have to extract the wavenumber (k) from this wave at different frequencies. How can I do this? As I am a newbie in COMSOL, I don't know how to extract that from any signal. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

1 Reply Last Post 2018年4月3日 GMT-4 20:03

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年4月3日 GMT-4 20:03

You could first do parametric sweep of frequency. Then you will need to write up a code to automatically extract wave vector from field distribution after each sweep round. This way you end up with the dispersion relation of the surface plasmon.

Just an option, hope people come up with better method.

-------------------
ZHANG, Pu
School of Physics,
Huazhong University of Science and Technology
You could first do parametric sweep of frequency. Then you will need to write up a code to automatically extract wave vector from field distribution after each sweep round. This way you end up with the dispersion relation of the surface plasmon. Just an option, hope people come up with better method.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.