Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Effective mode index in Mode Analysis.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey~ guys.

I have some question about a Effective mode index of mode analysis.

Question1) In the thesis paper, it indicated "Neff =2.9444", But, when I tried to simulate on the same condition,, It denotes "Neff = 2.9459", even I search for modes around at N =2.9444. How can I match the Neff to the thesis paper???

Question2) How can I know the number of modes when the Neff is 2.9459 in the simulation's result??.

Please refer to the attached file.

0 Replies Last Post 2018年4月19日 GMT-4 12:26
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hong Ikjun

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.