Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Unit in Accumulator in the Particle Tracing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, all:

I would like know the particle distribution in a 3D domain, so I added "Accumulator" in the Charged Particle Tracing. I am wonder about the unit in the Results (Particle Trajectories, Particle Trajectories, Color Expression, "Accumulated variable name: rpd"). The units for "cpt.rpd" were both "1," regardless "Count" or "Density" was set in "Accumulator." I had checked the values, "Density" = "Count" / "meshvol" was correct. Since Density = Count / meshvol, the units of rpd should be [1/m^3] and [1] for "Density" and "Count", respectively. Is it a bug of COMSOL?

0 Replies Last Post 2018年5月18日 GMT-4 01:21
COMSOL Moderator

Hello LEE

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.