Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Space Charge Density Coupling - undefined variable

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Community,

in my application I try to model a simple problem of migration/diffusion of ions in an electrical field (twi species like Sodium and Chlorite). Therefore, I use the Nernst-Planck-Poisson Equations. In COMSOL I try using the implemented electrostatic(es) and Transport of diluted species(tds) models. For getting correct results, I need to couple those two. The Multiphysics knot suggests me "Potential Coupling (pc1)" and "Space Charge Density Coupling (scdc1)". Makes sense to me.

However, when I want to compute the problem it shows me the error: Undefined variable. - Variable: comp1.scdc1.rhoq - Geometry: geom1 - Domain: 1

...obviously meaning that a definition of at least one variable is missing for the Space Charge Density Coupling.

I use a Time-Dependant Solver, Fully Coupled, Direct. The scdc1-knot tells me that the coupled source interface is the "tds" and the destination is the "es".

I use COMSOL 5.3 and Win10.

In my opinion I defined every necessary variable. Someone has a clue what I could be missing?

Attached you find my .mph file.

0 Replies Last Post 2018年6月15日 GMT-4 05:59
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ulrich

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.