Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How is defined Temperature when you call it in a function ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am currently on a problem where I have a Temperature dependent heat source, in my formula I put the temperature as "T" variable. The problem is that I am wondering how the temperature is defined if I run a simulation. I mean, is it defined as the mean temperature inside my heated volume when it is used by my heat source ? Or is it defined in each of my elements and so if I have a gradient of temperature the heat source won't be the same from one position to another ?

Thank you,

Johan

2 Replies Last Post 2018年7月10日 GMT-4 11:10

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年7月10日 GMT-4 10:54

The second: the heat generated is function of the local temperature at the same point, so the heat source field will not be uniform if there is a temperature gradient.

The second: the heat generated is function of the local temperature at the same point, so the heat source field will not be uniform if there is a temperature gradient.

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年7月10日 GMT-4 11:10

Thank you for your answer Etienne ! It will be useful !

Thank you for your answer Etienne ! It will be useful !

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.