Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

PDMS - hyperelastic material - which model and parameters to use?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello COMSOL community,

I am trying to make a very simple stretch simulation on a PDMS rectangular sample (1mm thickness) and to observe the deformation field.

For now, I have selected the "PDMS" in the Materials section and I have chosen a linear elastic material in the Solid Mechanichs section, but an hyperelastic material would be definetly more realistic for silicones.

I saw a lot of different models that can be used to simulate hyperelastic materials in the Solid Mechanics section. I have tried to dig a little bit in the literature, but I have no idea which model to use (Neo-Hookean, Ogden, Varga, ...) and which parameters to choose for a defined model...

Can someone please help me or give me any advice? Thank you very much!

0 Replies Last Post 2018年7月11日 GMT-4 12:45
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ivan

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.