Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Error message: Failed to find a new solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I am new to comsol.I have created a geometry which has glass fibre block on which there is a platinum strip to study the Joule heating due to current flow through platinum strip. On computing it shows the following error message: Failed to find a solution. Maximum number of segregated iterations reached. In Segregated step 2: There was an error message from the linear solver. The relative residual(0.68)is greater than the relative tolerance. Returned solution is not conerged. Please help me to find out what the error means and what should I do to compute the program. With Regards Minna.

1 Reply Last Post 2018年9月4日 GMT-4 03:14
Mickaël Barsive COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年9月4日 GMT-4 03:14

Hello,

For this kind of question, please contact COMSOL technical support.

Usually, this error occurs for ill-posed problems. Please check your boundary conditions.

Regards,

Mickaël

Hello, For this kind of question, please contact COMSOL technical support. Usually, this error occurs for ill-posed problems. Please check your boundary conditions. Regards, Mickaël

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.