Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electron Beam Induced Current in Silicon

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

Hello there!

As said in the title, and in relation with the above unanswered article, I am also trying to model an electron beam induced current inside a silicon thin layer (1um). With low energy (500eV), the electrons hit the bulk, maybe creating e-/h+ pairs. Those are drifted apart by two means; the internal doping, and the applied bias (which is necessary for another part of the experiment). The total current is a cumulation of the one from the applied bias, the one induced by the incoming electrons, and the one from the electron-hole pairs creation.

The problem is that I can't seem to find a multiphysics node coupling the (cpt) node with the (semi) node.

• I can't find a way to tell the Si layer to create e-/h+ pairs when an electron hits it
  • I can't find a way to make the Si layer absorb the incoming electron flux.

Is there another way to do it? With a mathematical event node?

Please find my file attached. Don't hesitate to ask questions if something is not clear about it.

Jon

0 Replies Last Post 2018年9月6日 GMT-4 05:35
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jonathan Thomet

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.