Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Initial values of variables solved for" for t != 0

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear COMSOL Users,

I am trying to use results of a stationary study as initial values for a time-dependent one. The topic was handled in the forum quite often, but nevertheless, there are three open questions left for me:

1) If I am using the "Inital values of variables solved for" option with the results from the previous study (let's say of solid1) for a thermomechanical simulation (for solid2), do I additionally need to specify inital stress values in solid2 as solid1.sx, etc. or not? What's the difference?

2) If I am using the "Inital values of variables solved for" option, are they defined at t=0 or at the first time specified in the time range of the study (e.g. "range(2,1,10)")?

3) If I am also using general extrusion due to the fact that I am adding an additional domain on top. Is it enough to just define the destination map and the source map both as x-expression: "x", y-expression: "y" and z-expression: "z"?

Thanks for your help! Best regards, Fabian

0 Replies Last Post 2018年9月11日 GMT-4 09:58
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Fabian Huber

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.