Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I defined a parameter at global definitions (Name: para; Expression: 1).
My inflow heat flux depends on the daytime and the emission coefficient - so i defined the Inflow heat flux as a sine function of time multiplied by "para".
I added at "Parametric sweep" the parameter "para" and defined the range to be take into consideration as (range(0.1,0.1,1).
By trying to solve i get the Error: "Error in sweep: Parameter names must not be empty".

But: The parameter names are not empty. What have I done wrong?
NR

1 Reply Last Post 2011年7月27日 GMT-4 03:02
Michael Rembe Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年7月27日 GMT-4 03:02
I don't know, if I understand your problem correctly. I use "Extension" from the stationary solver and activate "continuation". Choose the parameter ....
It works different from parametric sweep.

Michael
I don't know, if I understand your problem correctly. I use "Extension" from the stationary solver and activate "continuation". Choose the parameter .... It works different from parametric sweep. Michael

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.