Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

moving mesh ALE: how to make the original position visible?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have a question puzzled me for a while. It is about the moving mesh problem. I need to model the shrinkage phenomena during mass and heat transfer. I applied moving mesh. But my problem is that I can only see the final result and I can not compare with the original position. I would like to know whether someone can guide me to this problem. I would like to make the original position visible as well. Thanks.

Xin

4 Replies Last Post 2010年6月29日 GMT-4 19:21
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xin Jin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月20日 GMT-4 08:35
hi,
Please make your model time dependent, so that you will be able to different transition states of your model.
hi, Please make your model time dependent, so that you will be able to different transition states of your model.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月20日 GMT-4 09:42
Look at deformed shape plot in post-processing.

something like this should show you both the deformed shape and also the original shape:
cl.ly/Ree
Look at deformed shape plot in post-processing. something like this should show you both the deformed shape and also the original shape: http://cl.ly/Ree

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年4月20日 GMT-4 13:00
Hi,

I don't know if I got your point !!
But it seems that you want to see the initial boundary of your geometry after the end of your calculation.
You can select "geometry edges" in plot parameters. This will keep the initial boundary in the plotted solution. This can help you to see the difference between the initial and the final positions of your moving boundaries.

I hope it helps

Ciao
Hi, I don't know if I got your point !! But it seems that you want to see the initial boundary of your geometry after the end of your calculation. You can select "geometry edges" in plot parameters. This will keep the initial boundary in the plotted solution. This can help you to see the difference between the initial and the final positions of your moving boundaries. I hope it helps Ciao

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年6月29日 GMT-4 19:21
Hi there, iam trying to model ALE transient system in 3D as I attached the file, I was wondering if you cna help me to find out how can I fix the "shape function" problem with my file.

"s" [as I guess] is the shape function for 2D simulation, but for 3D modeling, I tried the same rules and it face to error.
would you please have a look at my files?
Best and thank you in advance
Yasaman
Hi there, iam trying to model ALE transient system in 3D as I attached the file, I was wondering if you cna help me to find out how can I fix the "shape function" problem with my file. "s" [as I guess] is the shape function for 2D simulation, but for 3D modeling, I tried the same rules and it face to error. would you please have a look at my files? Best and thank you in advance Yasaman

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.