Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

skin effect and impedance coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm simulating a copper coil immersed in an air box. I'm using the AC / DC module, the physical magnetic fields and in the study the frequency domain steps and geometry analysis, I'm meshando the box with a sparse mesh and the coil with a thick mesh, I inserted the boundary layer on all the domains excluding the box because I want to display the skin effect of the current density. I would also like to visualize the resistance, the inductance and the impedance of the coil as a function of the frequency. I use two stationary solvers, one for geometry analysis and one for frequency domain. The study fails to converge or because the matrix has zeroes on the diagonal (and also inserting vanka does not go) or the simulation is impaled to 43% when it performs the factorization of the matrix. How could I solve it all? Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 2018年11月2日 GMT-4 03:50
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Noemi Croce

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.