Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Weak formulation vs boundary stress

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Deal, all

I am working with marangoni effect.

I think there are two methods to solve this problem

with weak formulation or with boundary stress at open boundary.

But after solving both cases, I found out the two results were different.

Does anyone can how to treat this problem?

Beat regards.

4 Replies Last Post 2015年8月28日 GMT-4 15:36
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年8月22日 GMT-4 01:51
Hi

There was recently a webinar about microfluidics giving an example, check the COMSOL event webinar page, this might help you

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi There was recently a webinar about microfluidics giving an example, check the COMSOL event webinar page, this might help you -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月28日 GMT-4 11:04
I have the same problem, but can not find the webinar anymore.
Can someone help me? Or send me a link to the webinar, if it still exists?
thanks a lot
I have the same problem, but can not find the webinar anymore. Can someone help me? Or send me a link to the webinar, if it still exists? thanks a lot

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月28日 GMT-4 15:17
Hi

that was for many years ago, I do not believe COMSOL keeps so old webinars, there are new ones, and now you have also the BLOG pages on the COMSOL site, check them out do a search there

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi that was for many years ago, I do not believe COMSOL keeps so old webinars, there are new ones, and now you have also the BLOG pages on the COMSOL site, check them out do a search there -- Good luck Ivar

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月28日 GMT-4 15:36
Maybe this blog entry could be of interest:
www.comsol.com/blogs/tears-of-wine-and-the-marangoni-effect/
Jeff
Maybe this blog entry could be of interest: https://www.comsol.com/blogs/tears-of-wine-and-the-marangoni-effect/ Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.