Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Question about equaton 17 in FEM section of Multiphysics Cyclopedia

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm confused about Eq 17 of the FEM section of the cyclopedia: https://www.comsol.com/multiphysics/finite-element-method

It seems to me the sum does not belong in the last term of eq 17 (going from eq 15). Anyone confer?

1 Reply Last Post 2019年1月2日 GMT-5 09:13
Ed Fontes COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2019年1月2日 GMT-5 09:13

Hi Yelena,

This is actually correct since g is a function of T, i.e. g(T). You can see this clearer if you follow the trail from equations 3, 5, 8, and 10. I hope this makes things clearer.

Best regards, Ed

Hi Yelena, This is actually correct since g is a function of T, i.e. g(T). You can see this clearer if you follow the trail from equations 3, 5, 8, and 10. I hope this makes things clearer. Best regards, Ed

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.