Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

3D Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, first of all excuse my bad english.

I want to view the electromagnetic field (in particular the norm of E) in the core of 3D fiber model. Through the Boundary Mode Analysis 1, 2 and Frequency Domain of the RF Module, I got the result of some data.

I could not look for the states of progress of the complete Electric Field(or lightwave) like the attached jpg file.

I thought that I properly set up two ports(Numeric). Why did this result come about?

I appreciate your review, I also attach a mph file(ver. 4.0a).

2 Replies Last Post 2014年1月21日 GMT-5 10:49
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yong Soo Kim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年4月12日 GMT-4 12:45
Hi Yong,

I have the same problem as you had. I have challenged with my structure for several days, but I have not yet found how to deal with.
I'll appreciate it if you could share your structure (or send it to my email) if you have solved it.

ahajebi2000@gmail.com

Thank you in advance.
Akram
Hi Yong, I have the same problem as you had. I have challenged with my structure for several days, but I have not yet found how to deal with. I'll appreciate it if you could share your structure (or send it to my email) if you have solved it. ahajebi2000@gmail.com Thank you in advance. Akram

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年1月21日 GMT-5 10:49
HI Akram,

Have you solved this model yet? I am seeing some kind of electric field distribution but it does not propagate through the fiber (it "fades away" immediately after the input port).

If you have a solved model that you are willing to share, or any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis
HI Akram, Have you solved this model yet? I am seeing some kind of electric field distribution but it does not propagate through the fiber (it "fades away" immediately after the input port). If you have a solved model that you are willing to share, or any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Dennis

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.