Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric insulation doesn't work

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I want to simulate a beam with a silicon layer and a metal layer. Joule heating on metal layer, and I want to see what happens on silicon layer. So I gave a electric insulation surface between them. But I found out my insulation didn't work. The electical resistance, current, and voltage of silicon layet is same as metal layer.

Does anyone let me know why? Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 2019年3月9日 GMT-5 03:18
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kim Yoonjin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.