Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Bioheat Transfer Configuration

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to simulate the temperature change due to the microwave heat source (antenna) in a specific point located in muscle tissue as it shown in the attached picture. In order to do that, I am using the multi physics option of Comsol, electromagnetic simulator with bioheat transfer physics. There are 3 tissue layers as skin, fat and muscle and the simulated point located in the muscle tissue.

I am getting different results in terms of temperature change in time when I define the biological tissue boundary as only muscle or all 3 tissue layers. For example, if I choose all three tissue layers and define as biological tissue under bioheat transfer physics and simulate the temperature, I obtain 5 Celcius degree change per minute at the point inside the muscle tissue. However, if I only choose muscle tissue, I obtain 2 Celcius degree change per minute. Which one is the correct way to simulate this problem?

0 Replies Last Post 2019年4月12日 GMT-4 21:38
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ismail Uluer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.