Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using stationary state plus a local perturbation as initial condition

Marco Avila Ponce de Leon

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working on developing a time dependent simulation of a system of pde's that I have already set up. The system of pde's has 32 variables to be solved for. I am having trouble defining the initial conditions for it. The initial condition that I would like to impose on the simulation is the stationary state of my pde system plus a small perturbation on only one of the variables (this variable is meant to activate other variables in the system). The perturbation is supposed to be a small deviation, say of around 1% of the original value, on only a specific patch of the domain in which the variable is defined. How could I go about this? I've looked at some threads that mentioned using the "withsol" operator but I have not found this function anywhere.

1 Reply Last Post 2019年5月30日 GMT-4 17:49
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 2019年5月30日 GMT-4 17:49

Marco,

you find the withsol() documentation in

COMSOL Multiphysics > COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual > Global and Local Definitions > Operators, Functions, and Constants > Built-In Operators

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Marco, you find the withsol() documentation in COMSOL Multiphysics > COMSOL Multiphysics Reference Manual > Global and Local Definitions > Operators, Functions, and Constants > Built-In Operators Cheers Edgar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.