Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Variable material properties

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is it possible to make my material properties temperature dependend? I'm talking about a Cp value for example. Also do I have a MATLAB license, so if that has to be incoorporated; that's not a problem. Thanks in advance.

3 Replies Last Post 2012年5月23日 GMT-4 00:54
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年11月21日 GMT-5 09:57
Hi

most material properties of the material library are Temperature and often pressure dependent. Add n interpolated function in your material, load a csv value (or use an analytical function) and define your Cp like that

Most entries in COMSOL accept functions or operators

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi most material properties of the material library are Temperature and often pressure dependent. Add n interpolated function in your material, load a csv value (or use an analytical function) and define your Cp like that Most entries in COMSOL accept functions or operators -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月22日 GMT-4 18:59
Hi,

I am VERY new to COMSOL. How and where can I include an interpolated function to a material property from a CSV file?

Thanks!
Hi, I am VERY new to COMSOL. How and where can I include an interpolated function to a material property from a CSV file? Thanks!

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年5月23日 GMT-4 00:54
Hi

the best is to look at the models in the model library, there are many things to learn and to get used to in COMSOL, but it's extremely powerfull.

You should look at the materials in the material library, some of them are dependent on T or p pr ... and copy this approach.

You can load your csv file into an interpolation function that you define under Definition node, right-click Functions ...

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the best is to look at the models in the model library, there are many things to learn and to get used to in COMSOL, but it's extremely powerfull. You should look at the materials in the material library, some of them are dependent on T or p pr ... and copy this approach. You can load your csv file into an interpolation function that you define under Definition node, right-click Functions ... -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.