Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

2D cut slice of mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am wondering if it is possible to obtain a 2D image (slice or cut) of the mesh elements at a specified location is a 3D model.

2 Replies Last Post 2013年6月8日 GMT-4 07:41
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年11月30日 GMT-5 03:12
Hi

I'm not sure it works but try add a " Plot filter" sub-node and a Boolean condition X>0.1 or whatever appropriate

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure it works but try add a " Plot filter" sub-node and a Boolean condition X>0.1 or whatever appropriate -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年6月8日 GMT-4 07:41
Ivar...
you are the best :)
i have been looking for so long for a way to do this.
i comes to be very functional when you add Boundary layers... and in 3D this is the only way to inspect/visualize them.

Thanks
Ivar... you are the best :) i have been looking for so long for a way to do this. i comes to be very functional when you add Boundary layers... and in 3D this is the only way to inspect/visualize them. Thanks

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.