Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laminar Flow from a cylinder into a block?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

If I create only one block and create an inlet on one side and an outlet on the other I am able to simulate a laminar flow through that block. But as soon as I create a cylinder and a block, my flow only flows through the cylinder but no longer into the block. What do I have to change? How do I "open" the cylinder so that the flow can enter into the block? Thanks in advance!

1 Reply Last Post 2019年10月16日 GMT-4 09:56
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 2019年10月16日 GMT-4 09:56
Updated: 4 years ago 2019年10月16日 GMT-4 05:56

Your flow does flow in the block. The velocity of the fluid is much smaller in the block than in the cylinder due to the much larger cross section of the block compared to that of the cylinder.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Your flow does flow in the block. The velocity of the fluid is much smaller in the block than in the cylinder due to the much larger cross section of the block compared to that of the cylinder. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.