Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Phase of the loads in a frequency response analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am simulating an axisymmetric circular capacitive membrane model where I use electrostatics(emes), pressure acoustics(acpr), moving mesh and stress-strain(acaxi) modes. I am obtaining wrong frequency responses around the resonance frequency and I have doubts about the phase of the loads I am entering when coupling these physics together.

For instance, electrostatics mode produce the electrostatic forces Fes_nTr_emes and Fes_nTz_emes. I apply these forces to the electrode in stress-strain mode. The obtained result is true in a static analysis but it fails around the resonance freq. for a frequency response analysis as I mentioned. I realized that I might be entering only the amplitudes of the force phasors, not the phases. What I do is

Quantity, Value Value
Fr, Frph Fes_nTr_emes 0 N/m^2, deg
Fz, Fzph Fes_nTz_emes 0 N/m^2, deg

but the correct one should be something lik this, if I am not mistaken,

Quantity, Value Value
Fr, Frph abs(Fes_nTr_emes) angle(Fes_nTr_emes) N/m^2, deg
Fz, Fzph abs(Fes_nTz_emes) angle(Fes_nTr_emes) N/m^2, deg

Does anyone have any idea about this ?

Thanks,

0 Replies Last Post 2010年1月5日 GMT+8 21:33
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ahmet Yildirim

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.