Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Excluding edges from solution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm trying to create a geometry where I use a set of lines to apply a constant Dirichlet boundary condition. Currently, I'm doing this by creating a set of lines and making a union with these and a body. However, I only want to use the lines for the boundary conditions and not include them in the results as part of the domain. I'm trying to generate a mesh part from the solution by creating a filter, and for some unknown reason, it's not possible to export the filter when including the lines. Is it possible to somehow remove the lines from the results?

I've tried to define the upper boundary in the filter such that the lines are excluded but this seems to remove some adjacent surfaces as well. I would like to include all of the domain except the lines. These should only act as a way of generating the results by specifying boundary conditions.

0 Replies Last Post 2020年3月5日 GMT-5 02:50
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Per Bo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.