Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

electro mechanics simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi
I am doing a microresonator simulation. Which I have assigned electromechanics physics., I want to find the displacement and resonant frequency of the comb-drive based resonator.
I am using comsol 4.2a
I have followed some tricks which is given in tutorial., But my problem is not giving me any solution?

Any body can solve this problem?

1 Reply Last Post 2012年1月11日 GMT-5 12:51
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年1月11日 GMT-5 12:51
Hi

the amplitude depends on the damping, and most damping values are set to "0" by default.

If you use an eigenvalue solver, you get arbitrary displcements, that is by theory, the way one solves eigenfrequency models, so those displacements are useless, only the frequency (complex if with damping) and the mass participation factors (see the sover settings) are of interest, and the mode relative shapes.

If you have a good value for the dissipation process and you have defined those in your physics, then you can performa frequency scan (harmonic solver) and get the transfer function therefrom, see the PZT models in the model lirary

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the amplitude depends on the damping, and most damping values are set to "0" by default. If you use an eigenvalue solver, you get arbitrary displcements, that is by theory, the way one solves eigenfrequency models, so those displacements are useless, only the frequency (complex if with damping) and the mass participation factors (see the sover settings) are of interest, and the mode relative shapes. If you have a good value for the dissipation process and you have defined those in your physics, then you can performa frequency scan (harmonic solver) and get the transfer function therefrom, see the PZT models in the model lirary -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.