Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Questions about Darcy's model in Comsol gallery

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have some questions regarding Darcy-Brinkman example, Which I have found online in Comsol gallery. I will be more than happy if you can help me to figure out my problems or tell me how can I find my answers. The questions below are about the model provided for this example.

1) Why are the variables defined in the model and what is their application? (what are they used for)
2) When I expand the Darcy's law part, I can see Fluid and Matrix Properties 1 and Storage Model 1. I don't know what is exactly done in these two parts and what are the differences?
3) Inward Mass Flux in Mass Flux 1 part in Darcy's Law is considered 0.5*W*dl.rho/(pi*r*b), what is dl.rho and why it is written there? Because it should be equal to W/(2*pi*r*b) based on what is described in related pdf.
4) In Initial values 1 in Brinkman Equations part, the ubr=eps in z direction. What is this?
5) On page 7 in the pdf, two plots are provided. Where can I find them in the model? (how can we use the model to make the plots with desirable parameters in x and y axis?

I attached the related pdf file and the model for you to make it easier to find them.

Thank you very much for your help

1 Reply Last Post 2013年8月7日 GMT-4 23:36
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Simin Akbariyeh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年8月7日 GMT-4 23:36
Are you still working on the Darcy-Brinkman model? I have studied it in detail.

Comsol told me that eps is a very small number that is used instead of zero. So in
"4) In Initial values 1 in Brinkman Equations part, the ubr=eps this means that ubr=0
eps helps to get a solution.

Reply and I will look at other questions.

Ed
Are you still working on the Darcy-Brinkman model? I have studied it in detail. Comsol told me that eps is a very small number that is used instead of zero. So in "4) In Initial values 1 in Brinkman Equations part, the ubr=eps this means that ubr=0 eps helps to get a solution. Reply and I will look at other questions. Ed

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.