Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Splitting up an imported geometry into different domains

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Is it possible to import a geometry from a CAD file into Comsol in such a way that it contains more than 1 domain?

Till now I made all my geometries in comsol itself. But now I need to make a more complex geometry that contains different materials herefor the geometry needs to be more than 1 domain.

2 Replies Last Post 2014年1月28日 GMT-5 16:10
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年1月27日 GMT-5 10:17
Hi

if you import an CAD assembly made of different parts, you become different domains in COMSOL.

In some situation you can manage to import a CAD geometrey and modify it in COMSOL (sub divide it) but I prefer always to do that in my SW CAD programme

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if you import an CAD assembly made of different parts, you become different domains in COMSOL. In some situation you can manage to import a CAD geometrey and modify it in COMSOL (sub divide it) but I prefer always to do that in my SW CAD programme -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年1月28日 GMT-5 16:10
So you typically import assembly files instead of parts?
So you typically import assembly files instead of parts?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.