Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling Current Flow with AC/DC Module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I'm new to Comsol, and I'm trying to model current flow and resistance through a resistive medium (eventually, the resistance will fluctuate, and the study will be time-dependent). However, my study only outputs electric potential values. Is there a way to change the output variables/ make an equation-based output to solve for current based on resistance and electric potential, for example?

Thank you for reading my question!

1 Reply Last Post 2020年5月25日 GMT-4 12:26

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年5月25日 GMT-4 12:26

Yes, it is possible. You can define a component coupling(integration) node on the domain for which you are trying to calculate the current. Name it int_surf. Then, when during postprocessing, in the expressions field, enter int_surf(ec or es. normJ).

Yes, it is possible. You can define a component coupling(integration) node on the domain for which you are trying to calculate the current. Name it int_surf. Then, when during postprocessing, in the expressions field, enter int_surf(ec or es. normJ).

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.