Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving Mesh for Collapsed Structures with contact

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

For a capacitive membrane which has a vacuum cavity inside, is it possible to collapse that device ? I am asking this because there is Moving Mesh at the bottom of membrane as the cavity (like for the centliever problem in the model library) and I want to put a contact (I dont know how yet) to the bottom electrode and collapse the device by applying high enough voltage. Where will those "Moving Mesh"es move now ?? Because there will be no vacuum for most of the volume now.

Regards,

1 Reply Last Post 2010年1月20日 GMT-5 15:09

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年1月20日 GMT-5 15:09
Hi there,

I was also wondering if Comsol has this capability. I know there was a 1-D element (or array of elements) in ANSYS that was able to do exactly that, but I have yet to find anything similar in Comsol. Please keep me updated if you have any success.

Mike
Hi there, I was also wondering if Comsol has this capability. I know there was a 1-D element (or array of elements) in ANSYS that was able to do exactly that, but I have yet to find anything similar in Comsol. Please keep me updated if you have any success. Mike

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.