Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Matlab 2009a and Mac Snow Leopard

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I using COMSOL 3.5a on a Mac with Snow Leopard. I recently upgraded from Matlab 2008a to Matlab 2009a. I have applied the hotfix 2 for COMSOL compatibility with Snow Leopard. When I connect to Matlab, COMSOL connects with the old 2008a version of Matlab. What do I need to change to get COMSOL to connect with Matlab 2009a?

1 Reply Last Post 2010年1月18日 GMT-5 08:59

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年1月18日 GMT-5 08:59
Tech support answered my question which I will pass on for others. Edit the file "comsol" in the bin directory under
the COMSOL installation directory. In the file, change the line that starts with mlroot= to point to the root directory of your MATLAB installation. MATLAB 2009a installs differently than previous versions and you need to specify the ".app" extension and not just the directory name. For example,
MLROOT=${MLROOT:=/Applications/MATLAB_R2009a.app}

Hope this helps other Mac users out there.
Tech support answered my question which I will pass on for others. Edit the file "comsol" in the bin directory under the COMSOL installation directory. In the file, change the line that starts with mlroot= to point to the root directory of your MATLAB installation. MATLAB 2009a installs differently than previous versions and you need to specify the ".app" extension and not just the directory name. For example, MLROOT=${MLROOT:=/Applications/MATLAB_R2009a.app} Hope this helps other Mac users out there.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.