Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comparing two 2D plots

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

When I want to compare two 2D plots of two different solutions performed sequencially, I export the first plot into a text file and import it after the second solutions is done. Then I compare them.

Is there a better way to compare two 2D plots of two different solutions performed in different times for the same model. Because my method is not a practical one.

Thank you.

5 Replies Last Post 2020年9月5日 GMT-4 04:12

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年9月4日 GMT-4 09:17

Hi Suad,

You can use the Join feature under the Results node to join two datasets and compare them in a single plot.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Suad, You can use the Join feature under the Results node to join two datasets and compare them in a single plot. Cheers, Alex

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年9月4日 GMT-4 12:10

Thank you for your answer Alex,

I think I need two different solutions under Data Sets to use Join feature. But when I compute my model after changing some of my model's parameters, it always produce Study 1/Solution 1 (sol1), so the previous data is erased in this way. How can I sustain my solution or plot data after my second compute?

Thanks a lot.

Thank you for your answer Alex, I think I need two different solutions under Data Sets to use Join feature. But when I compute my model after changing some of my model's parameters, it always produce Study 1/Solution 1 (sol1), so the previous data is erased in this way. How can I sustain my solution or plot data after my second compute? Thanks a lot.

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年9月4日 GMT-4 14:23

Hi Suad,

Simply right click Solver1->Solution->Copy. This will create a copy of your current solution so that you can run another simulation without erasing your solution.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Suad, Simply right click Solver1->Solution->Copy. This will create a copy of your current solution so that you can run another simulation without erasing your solution. Cheers, Alex

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年9月5日 GMT-4 03:50

Hi Alex,

When I carried out copy/paste or dublicate commands for a solution, its name (sol1) remains constant. Thus the next computation writes into copied solution as well as the new one. Then I have two solutions that they are identical.

Thanks

Hi Alex, When I carried out copy/paste or dublicate commands for a solution, its name (sol1) remains constant. Thus the next computation writes into copied solution as well as the new one. Then I have two solutions that they are identical. Thanks

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年9月5日 GMT-4 04:12

Oh, I think I found the solution. It is enough to run "Create Solution Copy" under the study section. It creates a new copy of solution with a new name (solx).

Thanks a lot Alex.

Oh, I think I found the solution. It is enough to run "Create Solution Copy" under the study section. It creates a new copy of solution with a new name (solx). Thanks a lot Alex.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.