Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Supersonic flow not converging

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello Comsol users I'm trying to simulate a geometry in which is involved High Mah Number flow module. I have trying this literally from more than a month and probably I've tried everything in my meagre knowledge. I have tried laminar, spalart-allamaras, and k-epsilon. I have also tried all examples of the Comsol model library and even there if I add my model and try to run it it doesnt run at all. Please help me. I'm attaching the model here if anyone can please check what the problem is.

Update: Once I just randomly tried laminar and it gave the expected results, and now when I have again setted it up it doesn't run. I tried with the previous one as well. Please see if anyone can help.

1 Reply Last Post 2020年10月19日 GMT-4 05:23

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 years ago 2020年10月19日 GMT-4 05:23

Check your geometry. Your geometry is not closed. Remove excess edges. And in the solver, change MUMPS to PARDISO

Thank you so much for the response. But where is it not closed can you please show that. Because I have no idea how this can happen there.

>>Check your geometry. Your geometry is not closed. Remove excess edges. And in the solver, change MUMPS to PARDISO Thank you so much for the response. But where is it not closed can you please show that. Because I have no idea how this can happen there.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.